Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Birthday Interview with Henry

Today is Henry's birthday. We have spent the day doing fun activities, including planting in the garden, hanging bird feeders, going to the library, and going on a lunch date to Chili's--just the two of us. We celebrated with cousins and grandparents on Sunday, combining with Bronwen's and Grammy's birthdays. Henry requested an "all-you-can-eat-chocolate-Pollyanna-cake." So I made two 12 inch layers (each took one doctored up cake mix), iced it with thick chocolate buttercream, covered it in MnMs, and told him he could eat as much as he wanted. He couldn't finish one peice, but it has lasted several days, so he's satisfied!

I thought in honor of his birthday, I'd interview him. Here is the link to last year's birthday interview. I know that I still need to post about Bronwen's birthday, but I'm still not sure what I want to do for that one, so in the meantime, here's Henry's.

  • Me: Hey, Henry, could I do a birthday interview with you?
  • Henry: Sure. Okay.
  • Me: How old are you today?
  • Henry: I'm seven years old.
  • Me: What would you like for your birthday?
  • Henry: I want a lizard. (Yes, we are getting him a bearded dragon. I hope I don't regret that decision!)
  • Me: How old do you think I am?
  • Henry: Ummmm, I don't know. 37? (ouch)
  • Me: (hopefully) How old is Daddy?
  • Henry: (shrugs) I don't know.
  • Me: What's your favorite book?
  • Henry: My favorite book is Henry Huggins.
  • Me: What do you like to do when you have free time?
  • Henry: I like to play with my Legos.
  • Me: What do you like best about being a first grader?
  • Henry: I like reading the best.
  • Me: What do you like best about Tiger Academy?
  • Henry: About homeschool? I like morning meeting and history best.
  • Me: What's your favorite food?
  • Henry: My favorite food is meat.
  • Me: Any foods you don't like? (Want a list?)
  • Henry: I HATE guacamole.
  • Me: What's your favorite chore?
  • Henry: I like to clean up.
  • Me: What's your favorite thing to do with me?
  • Henry: Cuddle. (Ahhh. How lucky am I that my 7 year old still likes this?)
  • Me: What do you like best about your brothers and sisters?
  • Henry: How much fun they are.
  • Me: How many brothers and sisters do you wish you had?
  • Henry: Three brothers and three sisters.
  • Me:What's your favorite TV show?
  • Henry: The Backyardigans.
  • Me: What's your favorite song?
  • Henry: Tomorrow (From Annie. Bronwen sings this constantly.) Hey, Mom, when I was little, was the answer Jig Along Home?
  • Me: Yes.
  • Henry: I thought so. I loved that song.
  • Me: What's your favorite movie?
  • Henry: Princess Bride.
  • Me: What's your favorite color?
  • Henry: Blue and green.
  • Me: What's your favorite number?
  • Henry: 61.
  • Me: What do you like to do best when you're outside?
  • Henry: Jump on the trampoline.
  • Me: What's your favorite sport?
  • Henry: My favorite sport is baseball. No, soccer. Soccer.
  • Me: What do you look forward to this year?
  • Henry: Getting into second grade.
  • Me: What's your favorite place to go on vacation?
  • Henry: Nana's house.
  • Me: Thanks for the interview, Henry. (hugs & kisses)
  • Henry: Where's my "Happy Birthday?"
  • Me: Happy Birthday! I love you.

10 comments:

Allison said...

Happy birthday Henry! We all think that you are pretty special. I can't believe that you are already 7 years old. I'm glad that I get to be there to help you enjoy it.

Rebecca Blevins said...

Happy Birthday, Henry! My middle son is very close to your age. He turned seven on January 17th. Seven is a very special age to be! I enjoyed reading your interview, your mom is very creative!

Unknown said...

He looks so much like Jared in that last picture. What a cutie! Happy Birthday Henry...from your Virginia cousins! : )

Stephanie said...

that is a really cool idea, Michal. One more thing I've learned from you that I want to copy.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Henry!!

Have fun with your lizard, how cool!

(and I hate guacamole too)

Scrappy said...

Happy birthday, Henry!
I love these interviews. I am planning to do some again soon.

Sonja said...

Oh I LOVE guacamole! And I loved getting to know you better Henry! Happy Birthday!

What a neat kid, Michal!

(We love legos and lizards at our house too)

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Henry!! I hope we get the chance to meet your new lizard. My girls love their giant furry pets but little scaly lizards make them squirm. : ) We need more exposure to the green side!

Super Kimmie said...

Happy Birthday Henry!!! Wow - I'm jealous - I wish I had a big slice of that chocolate-all-you-can-eat-Pollyanna-cake right now, it looks so yummy.

Aunt Kimberly

A mother heart said...

So sweet! And is he a mini-Jared or what? He looks just like dad!
Happy Birthday!