Saturday, February 21, 2009

Help Me

I'm getting ready to give my blog a makeover, and I need your help. The template I've picked out is a pre-made layout from Leelou Blogs, but the header needs a picture and I'm thinking of going with something different from the picture I've used for the past (almost) two years. It will probably be in black and white. Please check out these options that I've selected and leave a comment with your favorite for summing up "Relishing Motherhood." I am terrible at choosing things like that--I shun committment when it comes to putting more things on my calendar or deciding on something aesthetic, so I really need your input here.

Option 1: (Henry kissing Baby Bronwen)

Option 2: (The kids--a year and a half ago. Yes, we need to get family pictures taken again.)



Option 3: (Me carrying Ian. I like that you can't really tell who it is--it could be any of my boys.)


Option 4: (Me holding a younger brother, just home from the hospital)
Option 5: (the one we used before. Me with Bronwen, about 10 days old.)

So which is your favorite, and which do you think says, "Relishing Motherhood" the best?

EDITED: If you have a photo of me in your photo files that says Relishing Motherhood, email me at sleepymumATgmailDOTcom. I'd love to see it.

17 comments:

Montserrat said...

I think either #3 or #5 - the ones with you in them showing that you relish motherhood. :D

Nana said...

I guess I like #1 or the old one.
I think in the one of you carrying Ian you look like you are running from some disaster...I like the one of you with baby Tyler, if I know it is you. Can we keep looking? Maybe the reason you can't decide is the stupor of thought that means you haven't found the answer yet.

Scrappy said...

I really like all of the pictures but I agree with Cocoa, I think you should be in the picture. I am not in love with #3 though. If I had to choose I would probably say #5, it really is a great photo but I would love to see something new up there.

April said...

I love the first one! But I agree with all the other comments that I think you should be in it as you are the mother who is relishing her kiddos. I'm excited to see the end product!

Becky said...

I'm with Nana. I don't think you've found the right picture yet. The one with you holding Ian is good except it looks like you are taking care of an emergency. It's good, in that that's part of what mothers do, but I'm not sure it's what you want to convey.

I also like the one that you had been using, but I understand wanting to make a change. I definitely would use one with you in it.

Prudy said...

OH, I'm no good. I love them all. Maybe I should just look at your old pictures all day.

Malia said...

I love the one you've had up there... I also like the first one with henry kissing bronwen. Whichever, I think you'll pick a good one.

Joyful Noise said...

Of these choices I prefer the one you have been using. The photo should definitely include you mothering. jmho

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

I like #1 and #5. Maybe you could change #5 to B&W to change it up a bit.

JandJ said...

You don't like making a commitment, but I don't like change:-) My vote is to keep the one you've been using. I LOVE it!

An Ordinary Mom said...

I think #5 is the most fitting, but I understand wanting a change. Have you any other options?

Lisa said...

LOVE #5. Why change a good thing?

Scrappy said...

Hmmm. I like The Queens idea. I would like to see #5 in B&W.

Anonymous said...

I like # 5 as well. If it ain't broke...

Tamara said...

my vote is for #1.
when do we get to find out who wins? :)

Keli and Mike said...

I still love #5. My second choice would be #3.

Ice Cream said...

I like #1 or #5.