Saturday, February 7, 2009

Of Love and Romance

Just a quick post to get you in the mood for Valentine's Day.

This month I have been loving the blog 31 Dates in 31 Days. I have been meaning to post about it so that you could follow Tamara's adventures with me, but haven't ever gotten around to it. And then yesterday Good Morning America beat me to the punch and featured her in the 8 o'clock hour.

Here's the deal with her blog: she just turned 31 and is single in NYC. She decided to take on a challenge to go out with 30 different guys, 30 days in a row, and then to take out one of them on a second date on Valentine's Day (the 31st date.) The dates are completely wholesome--in fact, one of the rules is that there is no alcohol consumed. You might just be able to guess her religious affiliation, even though she isn't broadcasting it. What's really fun is that she blogs about each date and you can see that she is looking for the good in each man--giving each one the chance to be her One and Only. She never tears down the guy or complains about it being the worst date she's ever been on--and I think, because of her attitude, she is going to have a hard time choosing one for a second date. She is finding that there are lots of great guys out there, lots of men whom she could click with. I have a favorite, myself. Read about her dates and leave me a comment if you think you can guess whom I like best.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share a yummy treat-for-two. If the state of the economy has made you turn to more date-night-at-home weekends (as it has us), try out this delicious dessert that is worthy of any restaurant. In fact, it's copied from a popular restaurant dessert. My SIL, Myrissa, gave us some personal-sized cast iron skillets for Christmas so that we could make our own Pizookies at home.

I made ours with a fabulous oatmeal chocolate chip recipe that I found here. The only change I made to the recipe is that I reversed the chocolates, using chopped bittersweet and milk chocolate chips. The cookies were heavenly, but were even better baked in our cast-iron skillet and served hot with vanilla ice cream. Jared & I split one and it was almost too much. Almost.

12 comments:

Malia said...

you didn't miss me! it's next week... what a fun blog... I haven't read all of this girls entries (no time right now) but those pizookies look amazing!

Anonymous said...

#20!

evan is my good friend's cousin!

Do you know witch cousin?

Love,
Papa

Michal said...

papa,
so you figured out that evan is one of them, but he's not number 20, so i'm confused:).
i'm guessing my cousin rebecca, but i'm not sure. and don't call her a witch!

Becky said...

How fun! My guess on the friend's cousin is Bec. And yeah, Evan IS a really wonderful guy.

Joyful Noise said...

What a fun blog! I can just see this idea made into a fun movie! Maybe she can use one of the film makers that she dates to film it! She should definitely try and write a book about the experience and see if she can sell it! Wouldn't that be fun to see a movie made about one of Evan's dates! She is definitely gaining some good insights!

Unknown said...

You guessed right! My friend's husband went to high school with Tamara and was telling us about the blog at the Super Bowl party. For the first time I felt famous!!! I was able to proudly announce that my cousin, by far the best date, was #6. Thanks Evan!

BTW, I don't think I'm a witch...on most days.

Michal said...

becster,
i have NEVER known you to be a witch. :)

Tamara said...

Oh my goodness!!! :)
(do you hate that i read your entry? i'll pretend i didn't if you want!)
who is the husband who i went to high school with? this is such a small world!!!

i think your top choice is a good one too. good work.

i hope you're doing well and are getting ready for a great Valentine's Day!
:)

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Yummy cookie and fun blog. Looks like it would make a fun movie.

Michal said...

tamara,

i'm not worthy!:) thanks for stopping by, though. my cousin (or should i say, OUR cousin,) bec, is the same one that annie mentions in her comments on your blog back after evan's date. not sure who the husband is, but i'm assuming that he is annie's.

i guess you've dated some other cool guys in this endeavor, but let me vouch for evan--he's even better with time!

Unknown said...

oh cool! totally a small world!

are you kidding?? you're one of the few who comments! i love it!

hey, how did you get your comments to say "people love me?"
clever!!!

evan has my email if you wanna send me a lil blurb there... sorry to totally fill your comments page!
and thanks for all your support! :)

Angela said...

What a great little treat- I can't wait to try it!