Saturday, December 29, 2007

Gang of Four


I received this game from a friend this year for Christmas and I want to play it all the time. Alas, it calls for three to four players and my kids are not quite sophisticated enough to play it(--at least if I want it to be fun for me.) Luckily, my Mom and brother Evan are headed our way to spend a few days and ring in the New Year. They voiced that they were ready for some laid back days after a hectic holiday season, and I can't think of a better way to hang out and relax with them then playing Gang of Four until we drop from exhaustion. I hope that the kids are ready to fend for themselves for a few days! I'm going to be busy!

7 comments:

Macy said...

Excellent. I'm always on the lookout for a fun new game. When my friends and I play Nertz, it's pretty funny to stop and listen to the kids fending for themselves. Even more funny is when they try to talk to one of their moms in the middle of a hand. "Not now, sweetheart! Mommy's playing cards!"

Rebecca said...

We love to play games also. We actually got a game of Monopoly in today...the kids dropped out like flies, but the adults finished it up. I haven't played Monopoly for at least a decade. Have fun gaming.

Jim Hutchings said...

Such a great game... Assuming you don't always have to hand over the Red Dragon to the last hands' winner.

Michal said...

jim,
i see you know the ways of the gang of four. we had so much fun playing it while my family was here. i think that the game is here to stay. you'll have to come by and play with us sometime--you can bring rob and teresa and jared can sit out, since he's not a big fan of cards.

Michal said...

macy,
this is one you should try. it has some similarities to gin rummy, to scum, with a little chinese flair.
what's your favorite new game?

Michal said...

rebecca,
isn't it fun when you have people around to play games? it feels utterly decadent to play games in the middle of the day. i love it.

mahina said...

sounds fun! i may have to get it! we have an $84 credit at a game store that we need to use! that's a lot of money for just games! we got loot for christmas and that is a super fun game! we gave one to stuart and malia, too!