Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Quiz

I got this email from my friend Jana, then I decided to copy Rebecca's idea (I'd link you to her blog, but it's private) and post it here. I'll tag a few of you at the end, so get ready to come up with your own answers. If you don't get tagged, please leave a comment answering at least one question!

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends! Here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE! Change all the answers so that they apply to you.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love making the wrap beautiful. I am very picky about wrapping paper and buy the gorgeous wired ribbon that they sell at Costco because it will dress up anything. I am actually guilty of adding ribbons to presents that arrive in the mail bare. I leave the gift bags to Jared!:) The rest of the year, I'm all about the gift bags!
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial..I miss having a real tree, but I love that we can put the tree up sooner and that I don't have to vacuum under the tree every day. This year we let Kimball and Henry get a real tree for their bedroom. It has improved the smell in there dramatically!
3. When do you put up the tree? I like to put it up on the day or two after Thanksgiving. But it really goes up whenever Jared gets around to it. I sometimes let it be for a week or more with just the lights before adding the ornaments--that gives me less time that I have to re-decorate the tree with a baby around who loves to undecorate.

4. When do you take the tree down? January 1st.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, the low-fat variety. Unspiked, of course.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I still remember the year that I got a Cabbage Patch Kid.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Several. I'd love to have more.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Jared.
9. Easiest person to buy for? This year, Kimball. I have found too many things for him and probably need to make some returns.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmm. I like gifts. I don't think there is such a thing as a bad one (unless you are trying to make it bad.--That wasn't a dare, Jared!:)
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I'm still working on mine, but they are going out this year before Christmas. Last year, I did a New Year's card.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas, Holiday Inn, Meet Me in St. Louis
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually in September at the latest. This year I started in early November. I do a lot online--it's easier than navigating the stores with kids.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? You'll never know!;)

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Want a list? Homemade cookies, toffee, caramel, fudge, peanut brittle, Sees Candy, Moose Munch. Oh, I adore Moose Munch! Can you tell I have a sweet tooth? I'll spend the last four days before Christmas baking and making candy.
16. White lights or colored on the tree? White lights, but I love a tree with colored lights as well. It's cozier. Since our tree has white lights on it, we don't really have a choice.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I love Christmas carols. I hate the Christmas Shoes song because it makes me cry even though I know it's just trying to play me emotionally. I don't love "original" Christmas songs very much. I love my Mo Tab Sing Choirs of Angels CD. I also love Emmy Lou Harris' Beautiful Star of Bethlehem. And, like Jana, I like Wham's Last Christmas. Just because I was in love with George Michaels in sixth grade.

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? We definitely like to be home for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I like to travel to my mom's sometime during Christmastime.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes.
20. Angel on the treetop or a star? I wish that I could find an angel that I loved that was in my price range. I have a star there now, but am always looking for the right angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning. Definitely.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Being overscheduled. And having to take a plate of cookies to everything!
23. What I love most about Christmas? Christmas morning, when the running around is done, the baking and cooking is done, and I'm not trying to get caught up on laundry, to find one last gift, and whatever didn't get done on the list can be forgotten. I love spending that time enjoying our family, watching my kids drink in Christmas. Jared makes a huge breakfast and the rest of the day we munch on leftovers (and candy--see question number 15.)

Tag to Mahina, Macy, and Erika. I can't wait to read your posts!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I like Wham's Last Christmas too. It's replaying in my mind right now.

I've never had moose munch, but I bet I would like it. I have a sweet tooth as well.