Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Three Favorite Cupcakes

You know me and food! Here are a few things I'm nibbling on lately:

1. My newest nephew, Colin Joseph F.
This sweet little cupcake was born early in the AM of June 16th. He is just perfect and beautiful and tiny and so fresh from heaven.Don't you just want to eat him up? His mom, dad, and big brother are so happy to have him here and his aunt is also quite pleased. The only thing that matches the birth of your own babies is the birth of your SISTER'S babies. My only regret is that I can't be there at the house with them 24/7, but both grandmas are staying there and my kids and I would probably not be the best addition to that tiny house. Sigh.

2. Icing on the Cupcake
This little cupcake bakery nearby-ish is irresistible. I'm just grateful that they aren't around the corner or the temptation would be greater. Here's their menu--each day they have some featured flavors as well as their daily goodness. I've already fallen head over heels for their Chocolate Peanut Butter and Chocolate Macaroon. I think when I head back in this week, I'll ask them if they will offer a discount, promotion, or giveaway for my local readers. Anyone interested? Yummy yum yummy!

3. Conversations with a Cupcake
I discovered this blog via Nienie's. She created a special chocolate cake in honor of Nienie (which will be my birthday cake next week, I promise you.) Her blog is both beautiful and choc full of delicious-looking recipes. I'll admit that I haven't made any of them yet, but just reading this blog makes me happy. So go check it out!

What makes you happy today?

7 comments:

nickandstaci said...

Good seeing you today! What a sweet baby boy your sis had. Pretty soon it will be a picture of your adorable baby girl up there.
I have heard so much about that cupcake shop and it truly is just down the street from us. One of these days I will have to stop in and give them a try...that might not be good on second thought! Love that blog, that cake looks so yummy!

thatredhairedgirl said...

So there best cupcake I think is the Red Velvet Cake. It is simply divine. You guys will have to stop by when all is settled, we are so close to you. Out on the main road, take a right through the stop sign and just on the right :) Did ya get that? Let us know if you need anything. I'd be happy to come by and take the kids to the park or for a walk or whatever!

mahina said...

that cute little bundle makes me happy today! so so so very sweet and new! i love how they smell fresh from heaven! congratulate her for me!

and i love frosting!!

Super Kimmie said...

Colin is such a cute cupcake - pass along my congratulations!

Kim

Tamara said...

Ohhh!!! Colin is just such a handsome young man! I just wanna eat him up! I can't wait to figure out how to sneak him home with me! :)
There's so much goodness going on in your family lately. How can you handle it all??

Scrappy said...

I am so glad you posted pictures of Colin. I was hoping one of you would soon! He is so adorable!

Mmmmm. Cupcakes!

Troop 220 said...

We love Icing on the Cupcake. I had no idea you were so close to us. We live very close to this shop. That little cupcake baby is too sweet. I would surely eat him up.