Sunday, June 28, 2009

Quick Update

I don't have time for a real post, but I wanted to update you on our family's status. I came home from the hospital on Friday afternoon. My blood pressure is still being monitored and my legs and feet are as puffy as an elephant--not pretty-- but I am fine. The doctor says that sometimes PIH doesn't go away for a week or two after delivery, and I guess this is one of those times.

Margaret is still in the NICU but doing very well. They removed her gavage tube today (which ran through her nose and down her throat to her tummy, and was used to feed her when she was too tired to nurse or take a bottle,) and as long as she continues to eat well and gain weight, she'll be home on Tuesday--the day she was scheduled to be born originally.

Although coming home without her was emotional, last Wednesday (when I posted last) was by far my hardest day. By Friday I had really allowed myself to be comforted by the Spirit and was reassured that our daughter was well and that she would be home soon. We don't always get exactly what we want when we want it, but the Lord in His wisdom does give us exactly what we need when we need it.

Thank you so much for your prayers, sweet comments, and for you locals who have helped with meals and keeping my kids occupied. We feel so loved and blessed by the Lord through your good deeds.

8 comments:

Christine M said...

Thanks for the update! I've been thinking of you all weekend. I'll keep praying for little Margaret. And I love her name!

Prudy said...

Oh, Michal! So much to say. Congratulations first of all. I love her name, her sweet little face, her little siblings holding her and loving her. I'm so happy for you. I'm sorry she isn't quite ready to be home yet, but hang in there. I'm sure that would be so tough, and yet as you said, the Lord knows all. I'm praying for her speedy homecoming. I'm so looking forward to meeting your little pint sized princess in person someday. Hopefully you'll get a chance to recover a little bit while baby M is in NICU. Sending prayers, love, and big fat pink warm wishes to your family.

Jeannetta said...

You are so brave. Thank you for your testimony.
Hang in there, you are in my prayers.

Mother Teresa said...

Michal
I am so excited to see that you've had your sweet little 'Mawrgwet', and that you are both doing better. I really enjoy checking your blog out and seeing where the rest of your family is to. You are in my prayers; tell Allison congrats also on her cute little Colin. I really miss all the fun visits with your mom and the rest of your families. I'll check in again to see how everything is going. I'd love it if you could post a picture of your mom with her 2 newest grandbabies.
Love, Terrie

izziemakesthree said...

Congratulations on your new baby girl! I know leaving the hospital without your baby is one of the hardest things to. We had to leave our Izzie in the NICU too, it took everything I had to be able to walk out the door without her.She sounds like a tough girl though if the feeding tube is out already, I'm sure she'll be home soon! I wish you and your family all the best!

Jaci said...

congrats on your new little one. she is beautiful. thanks for always sharing your sweet spirit and faith. you are amazing. Get well soon. Lots of love and prayers for you and your family.
love, Jaci (spendlove)

Aly sun said...

It would be hard to leave your baby at the hospital! I can't imagine. Hope you new normal settles in soon -- it must be exhausting.

Jamie said...

I am really glad things are going well. I have been thinking about you. Hopefully that little girl will be home soon.