I'm so sorry. You must be so tired of the purse post! This is definitely the longest I've ever gone between postings. Thank you to those of you who inquired after my well being when you noticed my absence in the blogging world. I have a dozen things that I could post about right now, so I think I'll give you the Reader's Digest version of my life in the past two weeks.
Things that have been keeping me too busy to blog:
- I sent my boys and DH off on the Fathers and Sons' campout two weeks back and took advantage of the peace and quiet by painting my master bedroom. I'm sure there will be requests for pictures, but I want to wait until I have some drapes made and a few other touches done to the room before I show it off.
- Planning two funeral luncheons. It is my responsibility in our congregation to help coordinate compassionate service for families and individuals in need. Unfortunately, the past two weeks have seen two funerals in our little flock and I have needed to organize luncheons for the families. Thank goodness there are so many people who are willing to help.
- Preparing for a four day camping trip in Santa Cruz by going to 47 stores, making 17 lists of things to remember, laundering everything in the house, packing bags for five people, planning meals and making sure that we have absolutely everything we need to make them . . . . I spent four days running around to prepare for the trip and was exhausted by the time we left!
- Camping in Santa Cruz, which was so much fun! We went with some good friends who have gone every Memorial Day for over 20 years. We borrowed an enormous tent (14x14x8), which took up 1/3 of the entire campsite--oops. The campground was woodsy and nice and full of families; apparently many many LDS families have had a similar tradition, so there were kids everywhere and mine wasn't the only baby trying to fall asleep in a strange place, which was nice! An added bonus is that our "neighbors" weren't getting smashed around the campfire. (By the way, lest you be too jealous, the weather was quite chilly and we spent most of the time in many layers. Henry told his kindergarten teacher today that he had fun, but his hands were cold the entire time!
- Visiting the Monterey Bay Aquarium, one of our favorite places. We went there for a three day trip last summer and our kids still talk about it all the time. They told us this time that they like it as much as Disneyland! The jelly fish exhibit is still my favorite. They still like the sharks best. Go figure.
- Cave painting with my kids. We are loving our history curriculum right now. I am two weeks behind on my weekly report on my homeschool blog as well.
- Tending our garden, which is growing like crazy. Like weeds. Does anyone know why my tomato plants are huge with lots of blossoms (not in this picture) but hardly any fruit? The zucchini and yellow squash will be ready to start harvesting in a day or two, since I like to pick them before they get too big and tough.
- Trying to make my family and their needs a priority over my little blogging hobby. Striving to find balance. Failing:). Don't worry, I'm not being too hard on myself. What is life if not a constant struggle to find the right balance?