Today, I have many things to be thankful for. Here are my top ten:
1.My husband, who shows me in quiet ways every day how much he loves me.
2.My little brood, for whom my heart swells. They are my refiner's fire, but also my greatest treasure. I couldn't be more grateful to be a mother.
3.My testimony of the Lord, Jesus Christ, and of His truth restored on the earth. This precious knowledge gives me perspective and understanding of who I am, why I am here, and where I am going. This, in turn, guides my daily decisions, and blesses my life immensely.
4. My parents, who filled my childhood up with love, faith, music, good books, and accountability. They will forever influence me for good.
5. Jared's parents, who loved me from the moment they met me, even though it took me a while to learn how to be a good daughter-in-law. I love them immensely.
6. Our siblings, who share with us the laughter, sorrow, rejoicing, and mourning in our lives. They are our best friends. And they have beautiful children! (Sad that the only photo I find of my sibs together without searching high and low is this one, taken about 25 years ago. Yes, I am the hottie in the thick glasses.)
7. A comfortable home in a safe neighborhood of our choosing. It may have old, gnarly carpet, but it gives us warmth from the cold, a roof over our heads, and a haven from the world.
8. A strong, healthy body. Lately, I have been appreciating this more, as well as feeling responsibility to take better care of it. I am loving this website that is helping me reach my goals.
9. Good books to read and the opportunities for knowledge and education available to me. I am grateful for the freedom to educate my children and to learn along with them on the journey.
10. A wonderful network of friends, both local and long-distance (and some even virtual), who support, inspire, and love me. I'd go crazy without you. And I really need to take more pictures of you!
This list is woefully inadequate when I consider how truly blessed I am, but I am going to sign off now and go enjoy my family, rather than spend longer listing blessings and digging up the perfect photos.
What are you thankful for today?