Thursday, November 1, 2007

Friend, Mentor, Guru . . . Erin!


One of my dearest friends ever, Erin, (who has been mentioned in several past posts,) has been making a name for herself over the past few years by winning many, many recipe contests. She has been to the Pillsbury Cook-Off more than once and every time I talk to her she has just returned from another competition in a far off city.
Erin is doing a holiday entertaining blog for Rachael Ray this holiday season, and whether you love Ms. Ray or you love to hate her, you simply must frequent Erin's posts. She went live today and the first post is about her family's annual Halloween tradition, which is what inspired ours
(although we are crazy enough to invite nearly everyone we know, in addition to the random trick-or-treaters that come by). Wander over and see what she has to say.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for posting about Erin's blog. Her cooking sure has taken off! I stumbled upon a poem she had in the August 2007 Friend magazine a couple months ago. When I saw her name I thought, hey I remember her from the Pickering Ward. Way to go Erin! That Salsa Verde Turkey Burger looks good.

Calamity Jane said...

I love people who know cool people. I am amazed!

Anonymous said...

Nice of you to promote Erin, I am sure it's well deserved. Be sides I like the name Erin, even if she's a girl.

Love,
Papa

Michal said...

rebecca,
you can't go wrong with one of erin's recipes. she has truly deserved every award she's won.

Michal said...

cj,
erin definitely qualifies as "cool people." i am blessed to count her as my friend.

Michal said...

dad,
it is most certainly deserved. i can't wait for her next post!

Deborah Gamble said...

Wow! She's like famous! So cool.