Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sweetest Words

I'd like to take a break from Christmas-related blogging (as if I haven't just been taking a break from blogging lately) to share some of my favorite phrases, which are repeated often these days by my nearly-two-year-old.

  • "I wuff u, Mommy!"
  • "Cuze me, Mommy!"
  • "Sowwy, Mommy!"
  • "Cullel, Mommy!" (cuddle)
and last, but certainly not least,

  • "Go potty, Mommy!"
I will feel so sad when her sweet little baby-talk voice goes away. Don't you want to just bottle it up and keep it forever? The only joy I can find in her getting older is that each stage brings something newly adorable. (Here she is in one of Henry's hats, which she loves to wear around the house. Silly girl.)

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

So cute, and you know, I never thought I was a girl mom, but when my little girl came, even though I always thought my boys were cute, she just captivates me all the time. Says and does the cutest things, just makes me smile- I feel an intense bond with her. I imagine you must feel the same way. :)

Stephanie said...

p.s. You won a book on my blog, but I need your address. Drop me an email when you get a chance.

mahina said...

this is such a fun stage! i love all of the things that kawena is saying right now! i wish i could just capture it all and save it forever! she repeats almost everything that she hears and it is just adorable in her high pitched baby voice!

Judy Stohl said...

Bronwen is getting so big - I miss her hugs at church. She will be a big girl when I get home. I love reading your blog even though I don't always comment. It makes me feel a little connected to home. Have a Merry Christmas and give all the kids a hug from us.

Mary said...

I feel the same way about Eli!!

Rebecca Blevins said...

They grow up so fast. I love how Princess doesn't pronounce the 'r' sound. She is such a snuggle bunny!

I hate when people tell me to appreciate it now because it doesn't last forever. I think about that every day.

Scrappy said...

Aw! I love this stage. It is kind of sad when they start saying things correctly. She is adorable!

Ritsumei said...

What a cutie! Sure wish that Monkey would say that last one to me! But the sweet baby voices are, as you say, precious!